11 October 2012

sometimes {a poem, not by me}




Seeing this tree in fall glory every day {or nearly every day—I'm in New Jersey today, so I'm missing it} makes me feel...that God is in his heaven and all is right with the world. {Fall always brings out the Anne Shirley in me.}

Or in other words: it makes me feel what this poem says. Sometimes things don't go, after all, from bad to worse.

A red tree on a blue day reminds you of that.



Sometimes
Sheenagh Pugh

Sometimes things don't go, after all,
from bad to worse. Some years, muscadel
faces down frost; green thrives; the crops don't fail,
sometimes a man aims high, and all goes well.

A people sometimes step back from war;
elect an honest man; decide they care
enough, that they can't leave some stranger poor.
Some men become what they were born for.

Sometimes our best efforts do not go
amiss; sometimes we do as we meant to.
The sun will sometimes melt a field of sorrow
that seemed hard frozen: may it happen to you





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails