06 February 2013

sharp and fragile, all at the same time




Hanging just outside my office window are icicles. A row of them, stalactites from the eave, pierce my view.

It all sound so poetic, but as I sit here, trying to focus on work, those icicles are a poetic distraction.

They're sharp and fragile, all at the same time, as many of us are, and as I feel today.

Those icicles, if they fall, can hurt you if they hit you.

But they can also shatter on the ground. They can also melt away. They can become nothing but a drip.

Those icicles are daggers, but they're beautiful in the winter sun.

They are sharp and fragile, all at the same time, and today, I needed a reminder that even if my tongue feels like a double-edged sword, that doesn't have to define my day.

There's always more to a day. Always.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails